Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Goat Update

The boys are doing okay after, despite their tough day.  (If you missed yesterday's post, I had the three male goats castrated today.)  Things went smoothly, though one guy needed an extra dose of sedative because he somehow managed to dodge the first dose.  Here he is looking rather alarmed as the vet and I work on his buddies: 


The other two goats don't remember a thing, though, lol...



I had to go to work, but the vet stayed with them until they were all on their feet and alert.  I just got home a few minutes ago and checked on them, and they look good - understandably a little stiff, but upright and interested in eating.


And here's what will doubtless soon be one of many funny farming stories... when I visit the goats, I usually unhook the top fence wire and step over the other two: 


Well, tonight, I didn't step quite high enough - my foot caught, and I went splat onto one knee in the mud you can see there.  My hands were full,  and I might have both laughed and grumbled a little as I tried to juggle the stuff I was holding so I could grab the pallet gate to pull myself back up.  Then I laughed more as I realized something else - because my knee was in contact with the ground rather than the rubber soles of my shoes, my foot that was caught in the fence was getting a hearty zap with every pulse of the wire.  

After a few zaps, I finally managed to get my foot free and stand back up.  I suppose my goats deserve the amusing show I gave them, after what I put them through today!!  😂😂

Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment