Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Funny Farm Story #2

I'm taking a sick day today...started sneezing a couple days ago, then yesterday I had a sore throat, and today I have a fever.  It's just a cold, and I don't feel super duper awful, but I called out from work so as to keep from sharing my germs with all my coworkers.

Of course, when one has a homestead, there are always morning and evening chores to be done, even when one is sick.  This is mostly routine stuff, but occasionally slightly more memorable things happen.  For example, I now step more carefully over the electric fence!  (See Wednesday's post for that story.)

Well, this morning, I learned another lesson...

Normally my shoes are enough insulation so that I can touch the fence with my bare hand, and it's just a light zap - quite tolerable... not even strong enough to call it painful.  

If any uninsulated part of my body is in contact with the ground when I touch the fence, however, I get a pretty hearty zap.  

This morning, I learned that this also applies if one's goat is nibbling one's finger when one touches the electric fence.

Oops.  Sorry, little goat...


The end.   😝

No comments:

Post a Comment