Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Everything... Even the Kitchen Sink

I can't remember if I said this already, but I had three chicks start crowing this past week.  All three will need to be processed at some point, as they are too closely related to the female chicks.  I'm calling this one Stewie...short for Stewpot. 😂


I've also still been wrestling with the goat fence, lol... I bought a bigger solar charger.  I let it charge in the sun for a few days, and finally hooked it up yesterday.  It worked beautifully for a little while... and then Rhode, my yearling doe, figured out that she could jump over a low spot.  In the process of getting her back in, she bumped the wire... and now it's not zapping nearly as well as it was.  This evening I strung some more wire, watered the ground rods, and circled the fence a couple times to see if anything was touching it and shorting it out.  Even after that, it still wasn't hot enough.  Guess I'll try again in the morning once the water has fully soaked in.

In any case, it was a gorgeous evening.  First, there was a pretty sunset...


And then the moon came out.


In other news, I picked up a bunch of supplies yesterday - I'm sure this was the first of many trips to the store for things I didn't realize I would need!!  One purchase was this water jug, which makes washing my hands much easier.  :)


Dad provided another kitchen upgrade...he built me a box to go under my little stove!  :D It will have a drawer in it when it's done, but it already looks a million times better than the styrofoam cooler I had under there. 



Anyway, I'm off to bed... good night, and happy Tuesday!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment