Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Deck is Done...Well, Kind Of....

So my assignment this morning was to cut the following lengths of board:


We ran out of pressure treated, and had to do the second half of the deck with mostly kiln-dried stuff.  I think it'll be okay, though, because it should be sheltered from the weather.


I marked up all of the boards....


...and stacked them by category...


...and then cut them!  I don't like circular saws a ton - I don't trust myself to cut in a super straight line, lol - but it went pretty well.


The Leaning Tower of Pine.


So then, Timothy and I lugged all the cut wood back out to my land and finished framing the deck:


As you can see, lol, a few of the boards are a little warped.  At least, that's what I'm telling myself, rather than the fact that I'm about as far as one can get from being a professional builder!  :P


The front section that sticks out here will be my little porch.  Hopefully I'll eventually be able to get the bug situation a bit more under control so that I can actually enjoy sitting on the porch, lol!!


So next week, it will be time to figure out what comes next...I'm not clear on whether I need to cover this whole thing with plywood...or cut a circle of plywood for the dome to sit on....or give up on the dome and just put walls on this thing...LOL!!  Probably not that last one...it's kind of tempting, but it would take too long and cost too much.  :P  

Anyway, that's probably enough rambling for tonight.  Thanks to everyone who is following this random, rather scattered process.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment