Pages

Monday, May 13, 2019

Preparation and One Use for a Pocket Knife

I'm trying to get prepared for moving the dome in a couple days.  Today I went and finished disassembling the platform that was inside the dome, and carted the lumber over to my land.  It might become a chicken coop someday, lol.  


I borrowed a couple ladders so we can reach the top of the interior when it's time to start taking down the struts!!





I'm still debating whether I want to use the pressure-treated platform that's currently under the dome, or whether I want to build a new one.  I'd better decide soon - Domesday starts on Wednesday!!  

Part of the issue is that a bunch of things fit together, and have to be moved in sequence - for example, the current platform runs underneath at least one of the two little shed/hallway thingies that are attached to the dome, so we would also have to disassemble those before we could even get to the platform.  It would be kind of nice to have a platform already set up on my land so that we could get the dome up faster...but that's an extra expense, and I'm not sure whether that's the wisest use of my limited time, money, and energy.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get back out to my land and get the cinder blocks leveled.  I guess that will need to be when I decide for sure about the platform, as the cinder blocks would need to be placed differently if I built new rather than re-used!  :P  

Anyway, I hope everyone has had a great start to their week!  :)  

Oh, and if you ever forget to bring a fork out to the boonies when you've brought a salad for lunch, don't despair...as long as you have your trusty pocket knife along, you can simply whittle a pair of chopsticks from a Maple twig!  :D  


Happy Monday!!

1 comment: