Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Domesday is Coming!! (Next Week!!!)

It's time. 

:D

Monday and Tuesday of next week, I'll do whatever I can to prep the dome and the future site of the dome for the big move.  Wednesday and Thursday, I have a couple helpers available, so those will be the two days that I'm hoping we can get the dome disassembled, transported, and reassembled in its new location on my land.  

If anyone local is willing/able to help, I certainly would not turn you down!  There will be many, many bolts to unfasten....metal struts to keep organized....flooring to be unscrewed and labeled...a generator and a woodstove to be hauled...and a couple wooden hallway-thingies to be disassembled and moved.


And if the pressure-treated platform currently under the dome is too challenging to disassemble and reassemble in such a short amount of time, I may build a new square platform out of regular 2x8s.  (I would work on moving the pressure-treated platform later and save it to be a barn foundation or something.)


I'm sure there will be at least a couple more weeks' worth of work after that, but it's super exciting to think that, Lord willing, the dome could be set up on my land by this time next week!  :D  


No comments:

Post a Comment