Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

A Bit More Progress

My brother Timothy was able to come with me today; he's a big help.  We added one more section to the deck, and then we ran out of lumber from the pile I'd been using.  So then Timothy started taking inventory of the other pile of wood while I went to Home Depot to get more cinder blocks and stone.  After that, we strategized, took measurements, and then loaded some wood into my truck to bring home and cut to size.  I'll do that tomorrow morning, and then, God willing, we might be able to finish framing the deck!

The deck is at its full width (just a smidge over 20 feet) in the photo below, but it's only 12 feet deep, so now we need to add onto the front of it.  


We've decided on a setup that will give me a 4x12 porch, which is cheerful.  :)  

Lol, we're doing everything we can to avoid getting eaten alive by black flies and mosquitoes.  It's a bit stuffy in there, but it's worth it!  I'm hoping that once I clear the land a bit and get some chickens, the bugs will be a lot less overwhelming.


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment