Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Fleece!!

So I dragged all of the fleece I bought yesterday out of the back of my truck and weighed it.  

Lol.

I now own approximately 185 pounds of raw Romney fleece.

That's a LOT.


It'll lose quite a bit of weight once it's "skirted" (gross bits around the edges removed) and washed.  

I experimented with skirting one fleece.  I had read a bit about it, but once I had the fleece on the table, I realized that I needed to do a lot more reading on the subject.  :P


I made some progress on this fleece, but I'm sure I have more to do.  I got rained out, so I stuffed all the bags of fleece back under the tonneau cover of my truck and went inside to do more research.

I'll have to decide if I want to wash the fleece and keep it to spin, or wash some to sell, or sell some raw...

Lol, my mom asked why I bought so many.  I told her that it's because it was a good deal, and because I'm an adventurous soul.

Perhaps a little too adventurous sometimes, but oh well.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment