Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Three Weeks Old!

The puppies are three weeks old today! It's crazy how fast the time is going...new owners, you have just five more weeks until your little cuties can come home! ❤️ As always, feel free to email at any time with questions or comments!

They are growing and changing...they range from just under 2 pounds (Mary Jane) to just about 3 pounds (JuJu Bean, lol!!). I believe they can all hear now, and they have teeth!!! 

Poor Nala is starting to really dislike feeding them, so I started the first step in weaning the pups today - mush! :D


It's just puppy kibbles soaked in (very fresh - milked Rhode this morning!!) goat milk and water until it's a wet, sloppy slurry. They liked it...but they still wanted a nursing session from mama afterward. :P They're mostly nursing standing up now - I can only assume it's easier on Nala somehow.


I tried for a group shot yesterday... I will have to try again when I have a second person to help put the pups back in line, LOL! They're cute anyway. 


They're in age order from the left, so: Mary Jane, JuJu, Rolo, Abba Zabba, Bullseye, Zagnut, Honey, and Astro.

Here are a few other cute shots from yesterday... I'll have to do portraits of each pup again soon. :) 

Mary Jane:


JuJu:


Bullseye: 


Oh, and here's a really cute one of Zagnut from Friday: 


In other news, the goats are doing well. They turned two weeks old on Friday, and are happy, healthy, and bouncy. Lol, the little buckling is brave, bold, and full of beans. :P He climbs all over me while I'm milking, and likes to chew on me and rub his little horn nubs on my leg. He doesn't mind me petting him. His sister, on the other hand, is very shy, and won't let me touch her. When she's old enough to have treats, I'll have to start earning her affection.


No baby chicks yet... I'm hoping the eggs were viable! Buffy is certainly devoted to her eggs... I got to see her turning them yesterday, which was neat. 


I have an assortment of other hens dabbling with the idea of going broody... there's one that I think might be ready to stick with the task, so I will be picking up some fertilized eggs from another farm in the next day or so for her to hatch.

And one thing I would appreciate prayer about... I definitely want a house... but I'm debating on whether this is the year to make that happen, or whether I should spend a few hundred dollars spiffing up the dome, and live in here through another winter. If I could conquer the extreme temperature swings (and I have an idea for that) and get more organized, I think I could be comfortable in here for a while longer. In addition, I still have some debt left over from the (huge!!) timber tax fee that I would love to pay off before taking on another big expense such as building a house. And I also want to continue thinking through the lay of the land before I 100% decide where the house is going. 


Anyway, happy Sunday! I hope everyone has a wonderful Lord's day. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment