Pages

Friday, April 3, 2020

Preparing

After consulting the goat breeder I got Rhode from, I've bumped her due date back from "any time" to approximately April 8th or 9th. So I moved her back in with the boys for another few days, since they were bleating at each other, even though their pens are only 6 feet apart. :P 


Nala is due on the 7th, give or take a couple days... so in theory, the pups and goats could arrive on the same day! 😬

I rearranged the dome yet again today... I had to accommodate the kitten crate and the whelping area - not easy in a 314 "square" foot space! 


I'll probably put straw in the bottom of the pool, maybe covered with an old fitted sheet (anyone local have old fitted sheets you're not using?). 

This area will work until the puppies become mobile - around 3 weeks or so - and then I'll need to figure out how to give them a bigger space. 


I wanted to make the pool more like a den, somehow, but I'm not sure how to do that... maybe I can hang fabric from the struts and have it hanging over the sides of the pen?

Anyway, I'm getting very excited to meet these puppies... it's hard to believe that after about three years of hoping, dreaming and planning, this is finally happening! ♥️

In other news, it's Breeze's second birthday. I really love this girl... I think she's a special one.


I hope everyone is having a good week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment