Pages

Monday, April 6, 2020

Puppy Names

Well, Nala and the puppies had a good first night. I set my alarm to check on them a couple times, and they seemed cozy and content.

Today the biggest challenge is that every time Thane barks an alarm outside (which seems to be more than normal??), Nala feels the need to support him, and jumps up barking. She's a wonderful mom, but also has very intense watchdog genes, lol. 

Anyway, I snuck in and grabbed some individual pictures today, and assigned names! These are just the kennel names; buyers can, of course, call them their own name once they bring them home. 

Because my kennel name is Butterscotch Farm, I plan to do themes of sweets/candy for my litters. 😊 This first litter theme is vintage candies, a specialty at the old-fashioned general store I work at. 

So, without further ado, let me introduce the first generation of Scottish Collies born at Butterscotch Farm! ❤️

#1: Butterscotch Farm Mary Jane

Born first, this girl has a big, symmetrical blaze and a full white collar.  




#2: Butterscotch Farm JuJu

This girl came exactly one hour after Mary Jane. She has a small blaze, but a huge white collar.






#3: Butterscotch Farm Rolo

The first boy, Rolo arrived nearly a hour after JuJu, at 5:02 in the morning. He has a thin blaze, and his white collar has a little splash of sable wrapping around one side from the top view.






#4: Butterscotch Farm Abba Zabba

(And yes, I know that 3/4 of the people reading this are saying right now, "Abba Zabba, you're my only friend." I haven't seen the movie it's from, but this line gets quoted constantly when people see these candies at my workplace.)

This boy squeaked out right on the heels of his older brother Rolo... I actually had stepped away for a second, and when I turned back and did a head count, suddenly there was another puppy in the bunch! There was approximately 8 minutes between him and Rolo. Abba Zabba has a minimal blaze and a little dot on his head.





#5: Butterscotch Farm Bullseye

This boy arrived about 45 minutes after Abba Zabba, at 5:56 in the morning. This is the first pup with Nala's solid-colored face, and his white collar is thin. I gave him the name Bullseye because the shape of his collar reminds me of the candy, lol.




#6: Butterscotch Farm Zagnut

This boy arrived just over an hour after Bullseye. He's another one with less white markings - he just has a tiny snip of a blaze, and his white collar doesn't go all the way around his neck. He might have an asymetrical bit of white on his nose.





#7: Butterscotch Farm Bit o Honey

I was glad to see one more girl in the bunch. ❤️ Arriving only about 20 minutes after Zagnut, Honey has a big white collar and no blaze - just a teeny-tiny bit of white that will probably disappear by the time she's a couple weeks old.




#8: Butterscotch Farm Astro

Mr. Independent arrived a full 2 hours after Honey! In addition, he decided to be different and be a dark sable, probably getting his mother's tri-factor gene. All three of my adult dogs are tri-factored, meaning that they're sables who carry one tricolor gene. Often these dogs end up kind of a mahogany color with some black shading in the coat. Astro has a tiny blaze and a big white collar.





So there you have it! They have names, and hopefully the collar colors will help with remembering who's who. I'll summarize the names and collar colors at the bottom in case that's helpful for people.

And, spoiler alert... I have a male and female vintage candy bar name reserved for myself, depending on which pup I end up keeping. I'll just change the kennel name on my puppy when I decide which one is my keeper. ;)

Happy Monday!

Yellow collar: Mary Jane
Purple collar: JuJu
Green collar: Rolo
Red collar: Abba Zabba
Blue collar: Bullseye
Orange collar: Zagnut
Pink collar: Bit o Honey
Black collar: Astro

1 comment:

  1. I love the names!!! Your puppies are beautiful❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete