Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Puppies Are Here!!!!

If you follow me on Facebook, you're well aware that Nala's long-awaited litter arrived this morning! 


The first little girl arrived at 3:12 in the morning, and the last little boy came two hours after everyone else, at about 9:20 in the morning! So Nala had about 6 hours of active labor, which she handled like a champ. 


The final count is 3 girls and 5 boys.  All are sable and white; none are obviously sable merle, though it's possible some could be. So far everyone seems to be happy and healthy. 


I will be trying to wrangle the wiggly little things for individual photos sometime in the next few days, but in the meantime, please enjoy this mishmash of photos!






I won't be picking my keeper pup until they're a few weeks old, because I want and need certain traits in my breeding program, but I have to say that the little dark boy stands out to me. He's kind of an individualist, lol - he arrived 2 hours after everyone else, he's a different color, and I keep finding him halfway up Nala's back or tucked under her tail. I think he's going to be an adventurous one! Can you spot him below? ;)


Anyway, I will probably be going to bed soon, lol... that was a looong night. :P I hope everyone had a wonderful Palm Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment