Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Waiting for the Snow to Melt

Wow, it's been over a month since I posted!!  This is largely because there really hasn't been much news - I'm basically waiting for the snow to melt so I can move the dome.  (And if you haven't heard about the dome, it's probably because the automated emailing system in this blog doesn't seem to work very well.  If you look on the right-hand side of the page, you can find all my older posts under "Blog Archive.")

I got a couple land-related things done today, though - I paid the timber tax fee and took out a building permit.  I've also continued working on packing and collecting all the stuff I'll need for living on my own.

The dogs and I went out to check snow levels today.  We've got a ways to go, lol!!  






Here's the spot I'll be putting the dome.  It should be a fairly shady spot once the trees leaf out, so the dogs and I don't roast!  


There's a bit of bare ground peeking through here and there.  The snow is still at least knee deep in most places, though.  


In other news, we finally finished boiling down our sap, and Dad and I canned it this afternoon.  It seems a bit thinner than the last time I did this, but it's VERY sweet.  And it's so pretty!!  ♡


Anyway, I'll keep people up to date on the dome situation (I'm going to call the dome moving day "Domesday," by the way.  :D ).  I'm guessing it'll probably be late April at the earliest.  

I hope everyone is having an awesome week so far!!

1 comment: