Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Clearing the Dome Site

Well, maybe the title isn't 100% accurate...the site I've picked for the dome is actually somewhat cleared already...it just had a bunch of little trees tip over onto it, lol.  The sunshine was calling me all day long, so I went over after work and put in a couple hours moving fallen trees.

Here are a few before and after shots, though the angles for comparison aren't always perfect:

Before.  The dome will go somewhere behind that big stump.
After.
Before.

After.
Looking down the skid trail toward the road.  The dome site is on the right.

After.  See my nice brush pile?  All that brush will be the start of another part of my natural fence, probably running along the road.
I know it's kind of hard to see what's going on in these photos, but I'm happy with the progress that was made today.  :)  

Here's a shot from near the brush pile...as you can see, the dome site isn't too far in from the road.  The dome will be tucked into the trees somewhere over to the right of where I was standing when I took this photo:


Some poor bird got eaten...what kind of bird has feathers like this?



Oh, and I got to try out my axe!  :D  It works quite nicely.  (Also, do you spell it ax or axe?  I'm getting conflicting information....)




And one pretty photo to end the evening...I think this is a Red Maple.


2 comments:

  1. I see progress happening.
    Both spellings are correct. Ax the current spelling. Axe is more EU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thats red maple! Many of the trees that are left after logging are spinly and damaged. Young smaller pines , oaks and sugar maples are the best to save, they will really grow with the opening up after the logged trees are gone. But the spinnley ones break off from winter snow loads, and ice.

    ReplyDelete