Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Thinking about Goat Kids

I went back out to Worth the Wait Farm in Denmark, Maine yesterday.  They had eggs for sale...which gave me a good excuse to make the drive and go see the adorable baby goats that were born this past week!  :D  

This doe and buck pair was only 3 hours old...SO tiny and fuzzy!!  ❤❤❤


The ones back in the corner were a few days old.


There's a slight chance that a couple of these babies might become Butterscotch Farm's first livestock.  I'm definitely doing chickens this year, but I haven't fully decided about goats yet.  Obviously, I've got some work to do to set up a shelter and some electric fencing.  

This is one of of last year's kids.  There are six of them, and they're very friendly and curious:




So we'll see....I'll keep everyone posted.  Obviously, I kind of have to move onto the property first, but I'm hopeful that things will really start happening soon!!  :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment