Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Some Scenes from the Garden

I'm doing a good job with my garden at Mom and Dad's house this year, lol - keeping it well watered and (mostly) weeded.  It's weird to think that my eventual goal on my property will be to grow much of my own food.  Lol, I'll need something a bit bigger than this itty-bitty little veggie garden!  :P 

Here are a few flowers to brighten your evening.  :)  

Image may contain: plant, flower, nature and outdoor


Image may contain: plant, flower, nature and outdoor


Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, nature and outdoor


Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature


Image may contain: flower, plant, nature and outdoor

In other news, I'm researching chicken breeds, trying to pick one that might be a good fit for my homestead someday.  I want a breed that's hardy, a good forager, good at raising its own chicks, and is dual purpose (meat and eggs).  It wouldn't hurt if I found them visually appealing, too.  ;)  I've looked through a bunch of breeds...and narrowed it down to 10.  Hmm.  Maybe time to start doing breed profiles on chickens so I can narrow things down a little more!  ;P  

1 comment: