Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Cute Cows and a Random Chipmunk

I was hoping to have exciting news today...I drove a couple hours south to look at an antique, disassembled timber frame house that's for sale.  But my contractor friend Scott and I agreed that it's not in nearly good enough shape for what the seller is asking - and while it's carefully blueprinted, it's not clear on whether it includes the sills, floor joists, or roof rafters.  So unless the price comes WAY down, I'm going to pass on that one.  (By the way, major thanks to Scott for taking the whole afternoon away from his work to go look at a pile of old wood with me!  :P )

It was still a good day, though.  It was a beautiful day for driving, and we passed by lots of gorgeous scenery and neat old houses.  And the seller of the timber frame was kind enough to show us around the big old meeting house he's renovating.

Plus, I got to see Scott and Renee's cows.  :)  






For quite a few years, Scott and his wife Renee have had Scottish Highland cattle (the fuzzy ones with the horns), but they've recently added some Belted Galloways.  When the two breeds mix, you get some interesting colors and patterns.  I think this one is really cute:


This one below is one of the purebred Belties, for reference.  You may have heard these called "Oreo Cows," lol.  :P



"What are you lookin' at?"

Scott put out a couple fresh bales of hay, and all the cattle immediately started drifting over to the feeders.  Well, most of them drifted...a couple got a little crazy, lol!  

"Hay?  Yahoo!"


"I call dibs!"


"Not if I get there first!"


"Mommy, wait up!"  


"Happiness is a big bale of fresh hay."


"MOOOO!!!"

Okay, stepping away from the cow captions....

The property is really beautiful.




Would you believe that a few years ago the entire, 12-acre cow pasture was wooded??  Scott and Renee have put a LOT of work in for this wonderful view!


Lol, this is good inspiration for my property...I hope that it looks half this good in a few years!  


Oops, almost forgot the random chipmunk!  Here you go, and happy Wednesday, everyone!  :D


2 comments:

  1. Sorry the cabin didn't work out. Hope you have better luck next time.
    btw, I call Scottish Highlanders "Highland puppies" :)

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool batch of pictures! I find it surprising that some of them could see you through all their fur, lol.

    ReplyDelete