Pages

Friday, June 14, 2019

Water!!

Today Dad and I went out to my land together, though I couldn't stay for long since I had to work today.  Dad stayed out ALL day - I am super grateful!!  ❤

I'll have to go out and get pictures of what he accomplished...all I did was put some more screws in the deck and caulk some of the gaps.  It sounds like Dad made significant progress on the chicken coop, which is very exciting!  He also bought me some more lumber that will be a part of the base of the dome.


I went down to the back corner of the four acres that I took out of timber tax to see how the ground looks...a friend had suggested that it might be a good place to dig a small pond.  Things are still looking quite wet, with lots of standing water, so that might be a project for someday!  It's a little hard to see, but there's water in the center of the photo, as well as underneath the pink tape.  There was lots more water over to the left of the photo, too.


Right before I had to leave, I tied a pebble to a string and dropped it down my well, just out of curiosity...and guess what?  I've got water!!


There's probably about 18-24 inches of water in the bottom of the pipe!  :D  I'll still drive it down another five or six feet, though, for added filtration and because the water table is likely to fluctuate.  Then I'll have to test the water and see if it's suitable for drinking.


So we're getting there!  Lol, I keep saying that I hope to be moving into the dome in just another week or two...and then the date keeps getting pushed further and further back...but this time I think it really could be just a couple weeks out!!  :P

1 comment: