Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Redneck Chickens

First, some super exciting news: I'm an aunt again!!  My fourth niece, Christina, was born early this morning.  We're praising God for a safe delivery.

Dad and I made excellent progress on starting the chicken coop today!  Lol, we're more or less making this thing up as we go...complete with some rather redneck modifications - we were running out of 2x4 lumber, so we got a bit creative.  

We had plenty of lumber for the first wall:


But then, lol....


Hey, trees are the one thing I own plenty of...might as well make use of them, right??  ;P

The door will go on the front wall, with the roof sloping to the back so snow won't slide off in front of the door.  We made it nice and tall so I can get in there to keep things clean.  After we finish the exterior, I'll just need to install nesting boxes and roosting bars.

Lol, it's looking like there's a decent chance that the chicken house will be finished before MY house!  That hardly seems fair!  ;P   

No comments:

Post a Comment