Pages

Monday, June 10, 2019

Something Cute, and a Bit More Progress

I got a few hours of work in on the land today.  All while I was working, I was vaguely aware of some sort of bird call from a couple hundred feet away.  I'd probably been working for at least a couple hours when it randomly occurred to me that maybe it wasn't actually a bird!  So I grabbed my camera and went off into the trees...and look what I found!  







It was so tiny!!  I knew that fawns were tiny, but seeing one in person, I was surprised at just how small he/she was.  I felt bad, because I'd heard him calling all morning for his mama, but I know better than to mess with him - she probably hid him because I was working in the area, and came back for him after I left.

So that was the highlight of my day!  :D 

It was also really exciting and encouraging to see what Dad and Timothy accomplished...they worked for a while Saturday morning without me, and they got plywood in place on the dome deck and cut a few rafters for the chicken coop.  Here's what they accomplished:



Today, I just cut and installed a couple more sheets of plywood on the chicken coop, put up a couple more rafters, and shuffled a bunch of wood around into different piles so that everything, including the deck, will be protected from the rain we're supposed to get tonight.  Lol, that doesn't sound like a lot, but it took me a while.  :P


I'm back up to full-time hours at my job (no more "vacation," lol!!), so I'll have to fit dome stuff in between my shifts.  I'm still hoping that it's down to just a couple weeks before I can move in, though!  

Anyway, happy Monday, everyone!!  :) 

1 comment: