Pages

Monday, December 19, 2022

Time Flies!!

 Time flies so quickly - Hazel's puppies start going home TOMORROW!! Isn't that crazy??

Acorn will be staying in Maine, but a couple hours further in. She's a sweet girl, possibly lower in the pack ranking. She likes to explore.


Murray will be going about an hour from me in NH, and will be joining his big sister Maisie from the Thane x Breeze 2021 litter. He's a HAPPY, HAPPY boy!! He's difficult to photograph with my phone because as soon as you get close, he's literally bouncing over to say hi. :P


Chestnut is likely going to a breeder friend of mine in South Carolina. The current plan is for me to deliver her and Cashew/Shepherd myself after Breeze's puppies go home in early January. Chestnut is happy, sweet, sturdy and athletic. She is a little bossy toward her siblings occasionally, but is great with people and the adult dogs. I think she'll look a fair bit like Mama Hazel.


Cashew is now Shepherd, and will be going to hopefully sire some pups himself eventually in Missouri! I think he's going to be a really cool dog - he's very responsive to training, and is happy and energetic. He's also very BIG, at nearly 14 pounds!! I'm wondering if he'll take after Grandpa Henry and be 65-70lbs when mature.


I didn't get any individual pictures of Peanut, but here she is chasing Acorn, lol. Sweet, sassy, and rather bossy, Peanut is AVAILABLE. She's got so much potential - she has fabulous eye contact, is very responsive to training, and is brave and outgoing. I personally think she's something special, and a part of me wishes I could keep her, but I really can't. 


Lol, here's one more picture of Murray just being sassy. I think he was chewing on a twig. :P


As for Breeze's crew, they can start going home in just over two weeks. I need to get updated photos, but here's the current rundown on availability. Note that all reservations are pending further observation of temperament - I try very hard to work with future owners to make sure that the puppy is a good fit for them.

Fritter: loosely reserved for the Leonard family
Cider: likely available
Betty: available
Streusel: loosely reserved for the Trumbull family
Candy: available
Crisp: reserved by the stud owner
Cobbler: available

Cider has been feeling a little unwell, so I'm hesitant to say much about his temperament, but so far he seems like a very sweet and happy boy. Betty is moderately high energy and drive; she may be smaller and probably should have a job. Candy is sweetness incarnate, and has a lower to moderate energy level. Cobbler is very "busy" and drivey; I'm trying to decide whether he's actually high energy, or if he is just energetic in short bursts. :P 

And yes, I'm exhausted. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'm grateful that God has given me good health and enough energy throughout this, that He has kept the puppies safe, and that He gave me kind, helpful family members and the flexibility at work to do some odd shifts. This has been an adventure...and I don't plan on repeating it for a good long time. I'm probably not breeding again until at least the spring of 2024. :P

Anyway....

Happy Monday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment