Pages

Monday, December 5, 2022

Introducing Daisy! And Puppy Photo Dump

This past week, I added a young Nubian doe to my goat herd. I've wanted this breed for a while, so I was excited to find one at a good price just down the road. Her name is Daisy, and she seems very sweet! So far she seems to be getting along well with the other goats, and may even be the new herd queen.



 Dad came over today and worked some on buttoning up what I'm calling my Franken-barn...lol, it started out as the chicken coop, but I keep adding more sections onto it. It currently houses the chickens, rabbits, goats and my supply of hay. The ducks also lived in it before I sold them...I'm currently renovating their area. I'm going to add solid walls and either move the rabbits there or turn it into a milking area for when I eventually have goats in milk.

I also brought each puppy from Hazel's litter outside for a few minutes. This was the first time for almost everyone (Cashew got a brief outing last week) as it's been too cold for little puppies most of the time. Today was mild enough and they've got enough fluff now to keep them warm for a little while. :P

Here is an epic number of photos of Hazel's pups...warning...they are at maximum cuteness level now!! They can start leaving a week from tomorrow...I believe two sable girls are definitely claimed (still working out who is going to which owner). Murray is reserved and Cashew is under evaluation. I believe I have an opening for a sable girl still.

Cashew:

This boy cracks me up. He has obviously inherited his daddy Thane's ability to pose well for photos. He's silly and serious...an absolute lover boy who adores being cuddled...but hates having the top of his head patted. :P I think he's going to look a lot like Thane.





Chestnut:

I was disappointed I didn't get very many good pictures of this spicy little girl (except that last one!!). I think she's going to be a very fun pup - she's quite alert, playful, and just seems to really enjoy interacting with people. In one photo, you can see her zooming toward the camera - she was coming to me calling her. She can be QUITE bossy toward the other pups, and has even sassed her mama! :P She's quite beautiful and seems athletic.






 Acorn:

This puppy is just a doll. I've almost never seen her cross with her siblings...she typically just prefers to roll with the punches and go happily on her way. She is more of a background puppy - she loves attention, but is a little less pushy about getting it than some of the others. She was a little bit nervous about being outdoors, and was happiest being right at my feet, but did explore a little bit. 







Murray:

Murray is like the class clown. :P He is totally Mr. Personality. He'll be sitting at the edge of the puppy pen, looking like the saddest puppy in the whole world. If you acknowledge him, he does a little happy dance...and if you pick him up, he's wriggling in your arms trying to lick your face. He will play with you while in your arms, too. He was a bit hesitant about being outside for a minute or so...and then was zooming around, having an absolutely grand time. I think he's going to be a very fun dog just overflowing with personality! 







Peanut:

This little girl absolutely melts me for some reason. I really, really shouldn't keep one from this litter, so I'm hoping Peanut goes to someone I know or someone who posts lots of photos. :P Peanut seems very sweet and calm. She often will sit at the back of the pack waiting for attention, though I've seen her boss her siblings occasionally too, so I know she's got some grit. She seemed to really enjoy exploring the outdoor area. I think she will likely be a very bright, golden color - possibly even more so than Hazel. 





And, finally, here are a few other pictures from today. 








Hope everyone had a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Maximum cuteness indeed!! I loved reading about their personalities while melting as I looked at their photos!! Thank you, Sarah 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Sarah. What a wonderful four-legged friends family album! My best to you and yours for Health, Happy Holidays and a Prosperous 2023.
    Kind regards,
    Faith from Rhode Island

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! That you for sharing! - Jane

    ReplyDelete