Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2021

It's May Already??

 Wow, time is flying, isn't it?? I can't believe we're already almost done with the first week of May! 

Things have been bonkers here at Butterscotch Farm...here are some of the things that have happened since the last time I wrote:

1. Tons of site cleanup.

2. I spent two solid days working super hard to clear a section of forest for new chicken coops... and then decided I want the coops somewhere else. 🙄

3. Tick season and black fly season have begun - ick!!

4. I lost a hen to health issues, and both ducks to a predator. 😭 

5. Two other hens have gone broody, which is good because I'm counting on them to raise the 25 chicks arriving in a couple weeks!!

6. I got a new kitten - Purrcy. He's super cute!! 😍

7. Dad installed another window for me today, up in the front gable end of the cottage. I love having lots of light!!

I think that's most everything that has happened... it's been awesome having more time to work on my land lately. 

Here are a bunch of photos from the last week or so: 


This is the "before" picture of one section I cleared. I decided not to put the chickens here, but it's still a satisfying transformation... here's the "after": 


Below is the general area I DID decide will be for the chickens. This is also a "before" picture. I didn't think to get an "after" picture yet, but I'm happy to report that it is looking much better!



The coops will be a little behind where that red piece of roofing was in the above photo. Here's a possible layout... the gravel shows the potential footprint of one coop, with the run extending out beyond it: 


This also shows a little of the clearing I've done. Some of the stumps will need to come out, but some will stay - if I leave some in the chicken runs, the birds will enjoy perching on them.

Here's the window Dad put in for me today:


I think it'll really help to show off the neat rafters!

And last but not least... here's Purrcy! He's living up to his name so far, and Bartholomew really seems to like him - yay!!


Anyway... it's past my bedtime. :P 

I hope everyone is having an awesome spring!! 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment