Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2021

A Few Pictures

 I got off work a little early today, and got a little bit more done on the chicken coop. I'm trying to be thrifty, especially with current lumber prices, so the coop is mostly built with reclaimed materials and even with small trees from my land. 

Here's the coop right now... I want to cover the cheap siding with wooden shingles or old barn wood, but this will do for now! 


We're also using logs as some of the posts and rafters in the runs. I'm stripping the bark off the logs; otherwise bugs tend to hang out under the bark and chew the wood up. I'm using a drawknife most of the time, but on some of the logs, the bark has peeled off in long strips by hand, which is immensely satisfying!! :P 


As usual, the coop is ending up taking WAY longer than I thought it would... maybe someday I'll be less of an optimist and more of a realist when it comes to envisioning the timeline for building projects. 😂 

In other news, Purrcy is starting to look way too grown up already!! Breeze is doing well with him... she needed a few stern reprimands when I first let her in the cottage while the kitten was loose, just because his quick movements are fascinating, but she's 99% good now. ❤️


Well, that's about it... I hope everyone is having an awesome week! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment