Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Introducing Kat

I had an opportunity come up a few weeks ago that I couldn't pass up - in 2016, two Ovelheiro Gauchos, a rare, Collie-type working breed from South America, were imported to the US. I recently inquired about the female, and the owner was willing to part with her because she has had trouble getting pregnant. We shall see if I can accomplish what he couldn't, but it's worth the attempt for me, as she would bring rare and valuable genes and traits into my breeding program.

So....met Kat de Ste. Terezinha, the newest Collie at Butterscotch Farm! 


So far she is an absolute sweetheart. She seems very friendly and happy. She's a bit nervous about loud noises, and she is scared of Bartholomew (who is in a huge snit, by the way, LOL!). But she is very people-oriented. She has the potential to be an excellent working dog, as well - her parents herd cattle on an everyday basis.

In other news, Saturday is the roof-raising day for the cottage. There's lots to do before then, including disassembling the dome! Dad and various friends, especially our friend Paul from church, have been spending many hours building the rafters so that we're ready to go on Saturday. The plan is to get the rafters, plywood, and tar paper up on Saturday so that the roof is weather resistant. 

I'm incredibly grateful to God for putting people in my life who will give so much time and effort to help me with projects, both small and epic! 

1 comment:

  1. God bless you Sarah for your wonderful, manageable goals hopes and dreams. I pray they all come to fruition!
    Rosellen and Kiltie

    ReplyDelete