Pages

Monday, September 21, 2020

Progress... and Sadness

 Dad and Paul made excellent progress on the cottage today - Paul installed the back door, and Dad got Tyvek on the western gable end, and sealed up a bunch of cracks with caulk and expanding foam insulation. I ran errands, including picking up some exciting supplies - the first round of drywall and insulation!! Things are really starting to come together! ❤️ Here is my back door: 

In other news, I learned a tough lesson... if you are pretty sure the fence separating your ducks from your dogs is too short... don't wait to fix it!! 😟 When I got home last night, Breeze and Henry were in the duck pen, and had clearly been running rampant for a while. I have four dead ducks, one dead chick, and two chicks unaccounted for. The final two ducks are in tough shape and may or may not make it. I was absolutely crushed... I love my ducks. I can only blame myself, though - the dogs have not been trained not to chase the birds, and the fence was too short. 

It could have been worse...last night 4 chicks were missing. But this morning I found 2 wandering around in the woods. I caught one by myself, and chased the other for an hour before Paul came along and helped corner it. Here's the little dude lurking just out of my reach this morning: 

I'm grateful that God allowed those two to survive the dogs and a night alone in the woods. ❤️

Since this was a bit of a sad post, here are some cute dog pictures taken with my new phone to cheer us up. 






1 comment:

  1. So glad your cottage is coming along so quickly (?)! Your dogs are too innocent looking to have done anything wrong! Keep working hard before it gets too cold. I would love to help, but I think I would just be in the way!!
    Love, Chris B.

    ReplyDelete