Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Various Updates

Happy Sunday!!  :) 

It was finally warm enough today that I could hang out in the coop with the chickens for a few minutes when I got home from church.  They seem to be doing very well, despite several below freezing nights last week.  

Here's Mr. Floofle...veeerry slowly continuing his journey toward full roosterhood.  He's still only about half the size of my big rooster, lol.


Snow White:


Snow White again.  The "hairdos" on these birds are awesome!!  😂


This one is Blackbeak.  I can only tell her apart from Snow White because she has a darker beak, and because she always pecks me, lol.


Speedy.  Don't tell the other reddish-brownish hens I said this, but I think Speedy is the prettiest of the three hens who have this coloring.


Frosty.  Her toes are curled off to the side, so she's a little gimpy, but it doesn't seem to hold her back at all.  She has a lovely iridescent sheen in her black feathers.


Not much else is going on, except that Nala is in heat quite a bit earlier than I expected... and I'm going to have her bred!  I will keep everyone posted, but if everything goes according to plan, the first litter of Butterscotch Farm Collies should be arriving right around the beginning of April!  See the tabs at the top of the page for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment