Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!!

This seems appropriate... I'm ushering in the new year by fixing the final mistake I made in 2019, LOL!!  I didn't snowblow the other day, even though we got about a foot of snow, because I figured my truck could handle it.  Well, predictably, I got stuck in my driveway last night.  So this morning I'm digging my truck out.

In a way, though, it DOES seem appropriate to welcome 2020 while doing hard physical labor... and while watching the last of the stars fade from the sky as the dawn light creeps across the sky above me.  I have a lot of plans and dreams for this year, and almost all of them will take hard work and the grace of God to achieve.  

It's also appropriate that I started my day by reading a couple chapters from the Bible...a habit I had fallen away from.  (If anyone is looking for ideas for daily Bible reading, this is the perfect day to start going through the Bible in a year!  I'm sure you can find schedules online for how many chapters to read each day.)

Well, time to go feed the animals, and then back to my digging!  :P

Happy New Year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment