Pages

Friday, January 10, 2020

Introducing Breeze!

I had a delivery yesterday, all the way from Arkansas!!  Meet Breeze, the newest addition to the Butterscotch Farm Collie family.  ❤️


She was very nervous right after getting dropped off by the ground transport company, but after less than 24 hours, seems to be settling in very well here.


(The mark on the side of her face is a scar - she survived a copperhead bite when she was a tiny puppy!!)

I didn't let her meet Nala face to face last night... since Nala used to fight with Thea when she first arrived, I want to make sure I transition Breeze in carefully, and don't allow any opportunity for conflict.

This morning, though, Nala was bouncing playfully around Breeze's crate, so I decided to try introducing them... and they seem to have hit it off quite nicely!!




She LOVES playing chase games with Thane and Nala...they run around and around and around the dome, lol.  And I'm wondering if Breeze is faster than the other two, because she is usually at the head of the pack.  


And if you're wondering why she looks so scrawny, it's because she had puppies a few months ago, and mama Collies always "blow" their coats after having a litter.  Her coat will come back over the next couple of months.  I'm guessing she will probably end up with a similar amount of hair as Thane.  

So I'll keep you guys posted... but I'm excited to get to know this little girl!  :D 

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment