Pages

Monday, November 4, 2019

Scenes from a Frosty Morning

We're definitely well into autumn here in Maine, with daytime temperatures in the 50s, and overnight temperatures regularly dipping below 30.  I'm making a fire almost every night now, and I'm doing well if I can get the temperature inside the dome up to 40.  Dad and I are planning to start insulating soon - we're going to cut triangles of rigid foam and press them in between the struts.

Anyway, here are some pictures from this morning...lol, the frost makes for a photographer's paradise. :P

Frost inside my little greenhouse:


Lol, I had to use warm water to get my pump going this morning:


A cricket... just chilling... ;)


Frosty acorn:


Two of my crazies goofing off... the other one was obsessing over the chickens.


Neat little frost clusters...


The Domestead....


Little ice pillars in the sand:


Random frosty grass...


Random frosty leaves...


Even a t-post can be decorative with frost on it!  :P


Oh, yeah, this is exciting...Dad and Timothy came out on Saturday and started working on my solar array.  They also built a little shed for my generator.  If they get a chance to work on it some more this week, I could have power in just a few days!  Mind you, it won't be a ton of power, but it will be greatly appreciated.   As you can see, they left room for the addition of a couple more panels, in case I need more in the future.


Rhode will be going on a grand adventure today...her breeder is picking her up and taking her to meet a handsome buck.  If everything goes according to plan, next April, there will be one or two bouncy little baby goats on Butterscotch Farm!  :D


Anyway, I'd better get busy... happy Monday!!

1 comment: