Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Calling In the Cavalry

I had to call in the cavalry again this morning... the roof of my goat pen blew off last night!!


I knew it had to be fixed today, because we have some weather coming in tomorrow.  I didn't have enough tools and screws on hand, though, and handling those 15 foot long sheets of metal roofing by myself would be pretty challenging... so I texted Dad, and he and my brother Timothy came out to help.  This was extra sacrificial, because Dad has a bad cold, and Saturdays are Timothy's only real day off from work.  

They pitched in with a will, though, and after a couple hours' work, the goat pen was much better than it was before!  It's now nicely winterized, and should be pretty cozy.  :) 

Here's an in-progress shot, with the roof taken off: 


Timothy working on the roof:


And the finished product:


It's buttoned up quite nicely right now, with only the front partially open for ventilation.  You can't seal the pen TOO tightly, or moisture could become an issue.  As long as the goats can get out of the wind, and are acclimated to the weather, they're able to stay nice and toasty even with one side open.

So I'm grateful once again for the wonderful, loving family God has given me!  ♥️

I'm not sure that the goats are grateful, though...they generally seem pretty smug no matter what, lol.  

Happy Saturday!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful family! Loved the assessment of the goats’ attitude. 🤣

    ReplyDelete