Pages

Monday, October 21, 2019

An Autumn Day at the Domestead

I had a nice, puttering kind of day...I got a fair bit of random stuff done, but also got to sit and enjoy the glorious weather for a few minutes here and there.  :)  

Here are a few random pictures from the day:

Nala...today I worked on keeping her from pacing obsessively around the outside of the chicken pen, lol.  I think it'll take a while to break the habit, and even longer to get her safe around the chickens when I start letting them free range, but I'm hopeful that she can be chicken-proofed eventually.


Part of the view from my porch.  We're definitely past peak foliage time, but there are still plenty of colorful patches.


My big rooster...who I've heard crowing a LOT since his buddies disappeared from the coop early Saturday morning, lol!!


Oh, and an interesting update on Little Miss Floofle...I've been keeping an eye on my special needs chick, and today I posted some pictures of Miss Floofle on the Icelandic Chickens Facebook group to ask whether they were seeing the same thing I was seeing...and they all agree - she is actually a HE!  I'm not sure Little Mister Floofle has quite the same ring to it....  ;P  

The goats are doing well:



Here's a view of the domestead from the goat pen.  I've given some thought to trying to move the goat pen closer to the dome so that I don't have to lug water as far in the winter, but we'll see if there are enough time and resources for that project.


Thea...all I have to do is point at an object and say "hop up," and she jumps up.  She's SO athletic!


Need acorns?  I've got about a million in my driveway!!


Got the greenhouse just about done...we'll see if this helps keep the water from freezing in the pump in the middle of winter!


Can't leave out handsome Thane...lol, I tried letting the chickens out of their pen for the first time today, and poor Thane was a wreck.  I think he was genuinely worried about them being out of their normal area, and would not rest until they were all back in the pen!  


Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment