Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2018

A Setback

Lol, so, I made a boo-boo...a rather large one.  I jumped the gun with my lotion.  Even though I'd had mold problems with almost all of my test batches so far, I did some reading and thought I had things figured out...so I dove in and put quite a few hours (and dollars) into churning out around 100 bottles of lotion a couple weeks ago.

Since then, I've thrown out probably almost half of those due to mold...and looks like I've got a few more to throw out today.  


So...back to the drawing board.  I need to find some experts to consult, and see if they can give me advice to overcome this issue.  I admit that I'm tempted to cut my losses and give up....but the lotion is SO nice....I really do think it will sell well.  I just don't want to have to live in a sterile bubble in order to produce it, lol.  So we shall see.  Worst case, if I decide that making lotion isn't the right fit for me, I might be staying in retail a while longer, or perhaps I can come up with more creative artistic things to offer on my Etsy page.  

In happier news, Dad and I walked around a bit on my property yesterday and picked out a couple potential house sites.  It's fun standing on my own land and trying to visualize my little house sitting in the midst of a grove of trees.  

We also found one corner of my property that I hadn't previously identified, lol - probably because there was still snow on the ground the last time I visited that particular corner.  :P


Later, I took the dogs out to the woods, which I haven't done in a long time because we've had a pretty hot summer.  These past couple of days have been gloriously cool, though.  We visited the secret pond, and the dogs had a blast!  








Lol, I kept throwing sticks a little ways out to try to get Thea to swim, but she wasn't having it.


She and Thane ran several laps around the little pond at top speed, though.


Just a couple more weeks until it's officially fall...can you believe the summer is gone already?


No comments:

Post a Comment