Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

A Study on Hand-Eye Coordination in a Three-Year-Old...AKA Planting Tomato Seeds

I had an idea a couple weeks ago to grow a small vegetable garden this year with my three-year-old niece, Lorie.  I think she'll really enjoy it - apparently she's seen "Curious George" do some gardening, so she's pretty chill about the idea.  :P

I bought some seeds last week...and resisted buying MANY other seeds - I'd forgotten how dangerous seed racks are!  :P  So far I have a nice selection of veggies, as well as a pack of sunflower seeds.  Depending on how much room we have, maybe I'll get a few other small flowers.

It'll be quite a few weeks before we can plant anything outside here in the White Mountains of NH, but we started the tomatoes inside today.  Lorie has impressive hand-eye coordination for her age - she stuck those tiny tomato seeds right where they belonged!


I'll have to see if I can find a watering can just the right size for her.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment