Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I've Got a Lot of Reading to Do

A couple weeks ago I asked the people in a Homesteading group on Facebook what books they'd recommend, and they suggested Storey's books on livestock.  I had received a couple Amazon.com gift cards for my birthday and for Christmas, so I went on a little shopping spree!  The last of the books finally arrived this past week, and I'm very excited to have a big stack of brand new books to look through!


I'm not sure which book I'm the most excited about.

Aw, so cute!!
 I never used to want goats...but my mind has officially been changed!

Eek!  So fluffy!!

Um...so...so beefy!!


I decided to pick this farmsteading book as my first read, so as to gain a broad overview before moving on to the more species-specific books.


The Farm Dogs book is just for fun.  My Scotch Collies will be my general farm dogs, and I'd be surprised if I ever had enough livestock to justify getting a Livestock Guardian Dog.  But if I did...this stunning breed would doubtless be toward the top of my list...  

In unrelated news, I also ordered some ingredients tonight for my first attempt at making my own lotion.  I have no idea what I'm doing...but I'll be sure to blog about my attempts!!  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment