Pages

Monday, August 3, 2020

Just Ducky

Sorry for the lack of updates... work has kept me busy. 

The cottage is coming along bit by bit... the walls are mostly up, and Dad, Timothy and a couple guys from church have started on building the roof trusses. So hopefully the roof will go on in a couple weeks. 

Animal updates: 

1. I just dropped Nala off with a trial home today... I will be surprised if it doesn't work out. She was already attaching herself to the people's 20 year old son before I even left.

2. I can't remember if I said this in my last post, but I am giving my two female goats to a friend who will use the milk, and I will either sell or process the males this fall. I need to regroup and come up with a better pasture system before I get goats or sheep again. I thought I was prepared, but I really wasn't!! :P 

3. Right after I dropped Nala off today, I picked up a half dozen ducks! They've been on my list to try eventually, and these ones were free and past the duckling stage, so I figured I would go for it. The breed is Khaki Campbell, and apparently they're known as profuse egg layers. 

And in other exciting news, my brother, his wife, and their four little girls are visiting my parents... this will be the first time I've seen them since they moved to Pennsylvania 2 years ago! 

So I'm off to my parents' house... enjoy some duck photos! :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment