Pages

Monday, May 18, 2020

Brain Freeze, A Talented Cat, and Nostalgia

So I tried washing my hair with the hand pump today. I was successful, but I'm very glad I just did my hair - that water is COLD!!!! 🥶🥶🥶 That's the first time I have ever experienced brain freeze on the outside of my head. 😳 

I do plan to rig up an outdoor shower at some point... I have a couple shower bags that Dad got me a while ago - you fill them with water and lay them out in the sun for a while to soak up the heat, and then hang them up wherever you're going to shower. 

Anyway... I'm sure you all really wanted to hear about me washing my hair today... ;P

Unrelated, but a funny story I keep forgetting to write down...

A couple weeks ago, the little girl goat kid got out of the pen (I think she slid under the gate, lol... I fixed it later). It's a lot harder when she gets out than when her brother does, because she is a lot more timid, and won't let me get close. 


So she and I went around and around and AROUND the pen. She was baa-ing piteously... and mama Rhode was bleating frantically. I would almost catch her sometimes as she came careening around the corner, but my timing was off that day. 

Then Bartholomew came sauntering over to see what all the ruckus was about. In typical cat fashion, he flopped down right in the middle of all the commotion.


The little goat came tearing around the corner, dodged my grab - and then stopped short to stare at the unfamiliar animal suddenly sprawled across her path. 

And... while she was cautiously studying the situation... I snuck up behind her and scooped her up. Thanks, Bartholomew!!

Going back to today, it was so hot in the dome that I decided to cook my hamburger outside. I started a small fire in my little metal brazier... and the smell of the smoke instantly took me back to my earliest days in the dome, last August, when I cooked my breakfast every day over the fire. I'll have to cook outside more often... there's just something about the fire that makes the food taste better. :)


Buffy and her chicks are doing well. I need to look up when they can be introduced to the rest of the flock. They're so tiny!! ♥️



Happy Monday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment