Pages

Monday, February 24, 2020

Monday on the Farm

Monday is my one real day off... it's always a toss-up as to whether I should get tons of stuff done or try to relax.  Usually I manage to accomplish plenty of both.  ;) 

Today I particularly wanted to chip ice around all the gates, as it was becoming quite the tight squeeze to get through a couple of them, lol.  And it was a gloriously warm and sunny day - perfect because it softened the snow.  Here's the chicken pen - after the morning's work, I can now use the hook and eye latch again instead of blocking the doorway with an old chair to keep the dogs out. 


Speaking of the chickens, I'm now getting anywhere from 1-4 eggs in a day.  The dogs get any cracked ones, which is why Nala looks so eager in the photo below:


Blackbeak says hi: 


It was so nice out today that I left the door open almost all day.  Thane approved. He and Breeze are still playing musical crates, but I think her heat is finally just about over, so life should go back to normal soon.


The goats approve of this weather too - I caught them sunbathing out by the hay "shed."


Rhode is due in early April.  I do think she looks bigger!  :D


Nala is also (hopefully!!) due in April... I have an ultrasound scheduled for March 10th to confirm pregnancy.  ♥️ 


This afternoon I took Breeze down to visit the goats... I don't think she's been to see them since the first day she arrived!  She was pretty excited, and definitely had some desire to try to herd them. 


In fact, she was so excited that it took her a while to settle down after we came back inside the fence.  I think we'll want to practice just being calm near the goats for a while before we try any more herding.  Here she is thinking about trying to squeeze back out through the gate: 


Anyway... now it's time to do the final round of chores and then head to bed.  It's back to my day job tomorrow, but it was nice to have the beautiful day off today.  :) 

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment