Pages

Friday, March 6, 2020

Learning Some Lessons

I've learned a lot in the few months I've been homesteading... and I'm sure the learning will never stop!  :P 

Today I moved some hay around because the goats were destroying it - sigh.  I can't wait for the snow to go away so I can put up better goat fencing!!  I had to leave some bales in the hay storage thingie and just hope they don't get scattered too, but I put a bunch of the bales on my firewood rack, since we're past the worst of the very cold weather and I won't need a ton more wood.


But here are a few things I thought of this morning as I lugged hay bales across the field.

1. People aren't kidding when they say to make your goat fence like Fort Knox!!  I thought I was prepared, but I really wasn't.

2. People aren't kidding when they say that loose goats can cause an epic amount of trouble - just look at my hay storage thingie!!  


3. People also aren't kidding when they say that few things are more annoying and itchy than hay when it gets in your clothes!!  :P 

4. Goats listen to Collies much better than they listen to people when the goats are being told to go into their pen in the middle of the day. 

5. Farm girls should eat a more substantial breakfast than 2 small muffins when doing heavy physical labor, otherwise they will become excessively hungry and buy too much food at the grocery store.  

What lessons did you guys learn today? ;)

Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. Ain't life grand! You're a good hearted soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Live and learn isn't so bad. Glad you have a good attitude and enjoy your oasis!

    ReplyDelete