Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Zoomies. Trees. And Some Planning....

It was really nice today...sunny and in the mid-30s F.  I begged off from work an hour early so that I could get out with the dogs and visit my land before the sun set - we haven't had many days this nice in a while.

The "driveway" into the clearing needs even more help than it did before.  I'll have to get out there soon with my bow saws and axe that I got for my birthday last week.  Maybe I'll even wear my new flannel shirt while doing so, LOL.  :D  


Once you get past all that mess, this is the view:


It was a short but fun outing...lol, the dogs got ridiculous zoomies and ran multiple huge circles around me.  








Part of the reason for walking my land was to start scouting out a good location for my dome.  Lol, it's going to be challenging...every time I get out there, I'm reminded of how much of a mess was left behind when it was logged.  I told Dad today that maybe it would be best to build a "tree house" platform for the dome just a couple feet off the ground, rather than my original idea of burying cedar posts below the frost line as a foundation.  Need to research and see if that's a good idea, or just silly.  :P

Here's approximately where I want to put my permanent house someday:


I'm thinking I want the dome somewhere shaded, so it doesn't turn into a toasty little bubble in the summer, but not directly under trees, so that a branch doesn't fall and bust through the lining.  I want it near enough to the permanent house site so that when I get a well and septic, I can tie them in...but I want to it be far enough away from the house that it will be private if I turn it into guest housing once I'm done with it.  And I need to think about which side I want the driveway to go on (hint: neither side is going to be easy).  

Lots to think about!  Suddenly I'm glad that I've got a few months to plan out the details before this move will be happening, lol.  :P  



I think Thane and Thea will be happy when we move to Maine, lol...so much to sniff!!  :P




1 comment:

  1. Love the shots of the dogs zooming... especially the first one with Thea's ears flying, lol.

    ReplyDelete