Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A New Dome-icile

Lol, I can't take credit for the pun in my post title...my new dome comes with a whole list of puns, courtesy of its previous owners.  

I think I'll put "Dome Sweet Dome" on my front door.

Yep, that's right...today I agreed to purchase a dome that will hopefully become my home this spring.  I'll live in it for up to a couple years while working on my real house.  

I also turned in my forest management plan yesterday and learned the exact amount of the penalty I'll need to pay to take 4 acres out of timber tax to build on.  (The remaining 13.95 acres will stay in timber tax for now, which is a super low tax bracket designed to encourage the growth of timber for commercial sale.  I can hike on the timber tax acres, cut firewood, put up a fence, etc., but I can only develop the 4 acres that I'm taking out of timber tax.)  The penalty is a BIG number, but it's good to finally know exactly how much it is so I can be planning.  

Now to wait for the snow to go away...

  
I'll visit the dome again soon and get some pictures of it to share with you guys!  It's funky and different, but really kind of neat.  :P

Happy Tuesday!!

1 comment: