Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Scenes from the Day

Life has felt both busy and slow lately, lol.  Work is picking up pace...soon all the tourists in the world will descend on our little valley, and they all come to the shop where I work.  Sigh.  Nice for the wallet, but I'm already ready for summer to be over, when it hasn't actually even started yet.  :P  

Anyway.  

I've received wonderful feedback on my first batch of lotion!  Pretty gracious of God to let me pick a good recipe on the first try!  :D  I believe I have everything that I need now to try adding a bit of goat milk to the next batch.  I will also be adding a preservative; from what I've read, it is necessary unless you want to store the lotion in the fridge - which doesn't exactly work well for a retail setting.

The next adventure will be soap...I haven't even begun to investigate that yet!

My little garden is coming along very nicely...looks like we'll have tomatoes before too much longer.  Who likes the smell of the tomato plant on your fingers?  I don't like it if it's too strong, but in small doses, it makes me very happy.  


The peas are starting to bloom, too.  I have to keep unwinding their tendrils from the neighboring sunflowers and encourage them to grow up the fence instead.  I had the idea when I planted them that they could climb the sunflowers, but the sunflowers are still a little small for that.




The flowers are thriving too...I think I'll always mix flowers and veggies now - so fun and colorful!  


We've got grapes started, too.  The type is Canadice Red Seedless.




And it looks like we'll have a bumper crop of Cherries...as long as we can beat the birds to them!


Thea's been my little shadow since Thane's been away.  He comes home Friday...I bet that will be a fun reunion to watch.  




Anyway, not much else to report.  Happy Tuesday, everyone!  :)  


1 comment:

  1. The tendrils on the peas are amazing--God's creation is so intricate!

    Unrelated... Initiate hover dog! And hover ears =P

    ReplyDelete