Pages

Monday, April 23, 2018

Exploring

Today I brought my younger sister out to see my land.  It's been a couple weeks since I've visited...I was waiting for the snow to go away.  It's finally mostly gone, and now that I can really see the land...well, I've got my work cut out for me.  :P  It was logged at some point, and they left a real mess.  I've got some ideas as to how I can use all the shredded, shattered wood that they left behind, but I suspect that it'll be a project of many years to get my land whipped into shape.  

We brought the dogs too.  They had a grand time.  :)  








I bought a machete today...I think it'll come in handy for clearing trails.  I'm hoping to use the logging roads that are already in place all over the property to make some hiking trails, but if I want to be able to walk around the perimeter of the property, I'll need to do some clearing.  

Saw some more beaver-cut trees near the creek.  Interestingly, this was probably three or more feet off the ground.  I'm not sure I knew that beavers cut trees that high.  I haven't noticed any fresh beaver signs yet, so I don't think they're currently doing their thing.  


As far as plans for the future go, I'm weighing out whether it would be a possibility to put up some sort of tiny house (which would eventually become a guest cottage), or wait, keep saving, and build the whole structure that I really want.  In any case, I'm sure I still won't be moving in any time soon.  Just as well....I still have a lot of research and work ahead of me!  

Anyway, I hope everyone had a nice Monday!  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment