Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Puppy Updates!

Things are in a state of adorable chaos at Butterscotch Farm with 12 puppies in my 500-square-foot cottage! Breeze's are still in the stage where they basically just eat and sleep...eyes probably won't open for another few days or week. 

 Hazel's, though, are getting HUGE and so much more interactive. I usually bring them (and Hazel) to my parents' house while I'm at work, so they are getting lots of experience riding in a car and lots of handling from my family.  ❤️ 

Here are Breeze's cuties at one week old:

Fritter (boy):


Cider (boy):


Betty (girl):


Streusel (boy):


Candy (girl):


Crisp (girl):


Cobbler (boy):


I'd like to see Breeze's crew gaining weight a little faster... no one quite doubled their weight in a week. But everyone is growing! Overall they seem healthy and vigorous. I did take Candy to the vet this morning because she woke up around 3:30am crying and remained fussy for a few hours. If her temperature is normal when I check it again in a few minutes, I think it's safe to assume it was just an upset tummy or she was too chilly.

I'm not totally sure whether I will have puppies available from Breeze's litter... I'm still in discussion with my waiting list. Feel free to reach out if you're interested, though.

Okay, brace yourselves for extreme cuteness... Hazel's puppies are growing up fast!! She is being a truly incredible mother... she is SO careful how she moves around the puppies so she doesn't step on them, and she's feeding them so well that they are now between 4-5lbs at 3 weeks of age. For comparison, a couple of Breeze's puppies last summer were 6-7lbs at 8 weeks old (the biggest was 12). 😵‍💫

Peanut (girl):


Murray (boy, reserved):


Chestnut (girl):


Acorn (girl):


Cashew (boy, possibly reserved):


Two of the girls are reserved (which two will depend on temperament). Murray is definitely reserved, and Cashew is possibly reserved. I have one female reservation left.

I'm likely going to do a puppy transport run down into the southeast in early January if that impacts anyone's interest level. There would be a fee, but it would almost certainly still be significantly less expensive than paying a transport company. 

See the tab at the top of the page labeled "2022 Litters" for more info on the various parents and for prices.

In other news, we got our first snow this morning. And... now it's raining. 😝 Gotta love autumn in New England!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment