Pages

Monday, June 7, 2021

Toasty Day!!

 Today was SO hot! Lol, I admit that in the middle of winter, when I was chipping ice and climbing over frozen gates, I did some casual peeking at real estate in the south ... but on days like today, I feel like I'd be happiest somewhere like Alaska or far northern Maine. :P

I stuck to mostly quiet activities today and stayed in the shade. The dogs spent most of the day under the porch in holes they've dug in the cool dirt. 

Here are a few scenes from the day. My flower garden by the front gate... it's doing fairly well, though the rose bushes have small leaves, which I'm guessing means they need some fertilizer. The Salvia is very happy, though!


The nest in the new chicken coop has occupants now. I caught a quick glimpse of Mama, and I think she's a Sparrow.


Once the front of the house was out of direct sunlight, I puttered at putting up more of the siding, and got the boards on the front finished. The battens will still need to be added, as well as wooden shingles on the upper part.


Here's Bartholomew out ruling his domain. 


Pretty flowers in the old goat field.


And here are the chicks...look how big they're getting!! :D 


 I hope everyone had a good Monday!












No comments:

Post a Comment