Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2018

A Bit of a Bummer

So I had Thane's hips x-rayed....and they came back as mildly dysplastic...which is not a good result.  It means that I really probably should not breed him, in case he passes bad hips along to the next generation.

This is definitely a bummer, and I'm still working to readjust my thinking, since this lays ruin to the plans I've had in mind over the past couple of years.  This pretty much changes everything...I bought Thea to complement Thane, so now I'm not sure if I should seek out another dog that complements HER...or perhaps bring in a different dog at some point that better fits my ultimate goal.

I do have time to decide...I can't have another dog yet anyway, and Thea is still too young to breed.  I'm working on trusting that God's plan in all of this is perfect, but I'll definitely admit to a little pang of grief in saying goodbye to this dream of Thane x Thea puppies.
















No comments:

Post a Comment