Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Quandary

I'm excited by the idea of designing my own home...and also gradually coming to realize what a ridiculously huge decision it is.  It's easy enough to declare that I like old farmhouses...with a touch of rustic...and a dash of Victorian...but then, once I start puttering on Pinterest, or trying to think through a floor plan, the number of choices gets overwhelming in a hurry.

I'm still having fun, but I've snagged a few photos from Pinterest to show you how challenging this is proving.  Here are a few pictures showing what I always imagined I'd want in a house: 



223 Maple Ridge Rd, Sandwich, NH 03227


Antique Colonial situated on a pretty 1.25 acre lot bordering Jenness Brook, wonderful traditional interior features, 6 fireplaces, pine floors, gunstock corners, pumpkin pine paneling, front and back staircases, full walk-up attic, some updated systems, convenient to Route 16 for easy commuting

I do still LOVE that old, rather formal style, but I've noticed that a lot of what I've been pinning is white, bright and airy: 

dream kitchen


Gorgeous


The Essence of Home: Cottage Details  Need Bedroom Decorating Ideas? Go to Centophobe.com


An idyllic Swedish cottage with outdoor kitchen and shower


This is so perfect

But then, I also like some slightly more rustic designs, too...

.


The Olde Barn: Random Images


a country cottage


The island was a roadside find made of cast iron and wood. The reclaimed pumpkin pine (a wood named for the orange hue that develops after a century or more of oxidation) on the floors also trims the Carrera marble countertops.

I'm not sure what the common theme is here...or if there even is one, except that I don't want cookie cutter.  I want a house that makes me sigh with happiness at its beauty...I want to be able to look at any part of my home and photograph it....or even paint a picture.  

Lol, so I guess that means reining in my impatience and planning carefully...not my strong suit.

It's fun to dream, though....THAT, I'm good at!  :P  

No comments:

Post a Comment