Pages

Monday, August 7, 2017

Gettin' 'Er Done!

Whew!!  It's been a busy summer so far - and it's been hot!  You might not think of NH as a particularly warm place, but we've had a lot of days this summer in the 90's, with high humidity - NOT the greatest weather to be out working in the yard.

But over the past couple days, we've had some truly glorious weather, and today I took advantage of it to accomplish one of the many projects on my to-do list.

It involves this sad little plot of garden:


It was fairly promising when I started working on it last year, but I never quite finished, and the weeds eagerly moved in over the spring and summer, leaving it looking quite neglected - which was less than ideal, since this is right by the sidewalk at the front of our lawn.  

It was a pretty easy fix, though - just a few minutes of weeding, and several bags of mulch (on clearance, no less - woohoo!!), and now it looks like this:


Amazing what a difference a bit of mulch makes, huh?

I found a couple treasures in the sand.  Please ignore how ridiculously filthy my hand is...for some reason, I chose not to wear gloves.  


The penny will go in my battered coins collection, and the button will go in one of my button jars.  Yeah, I know...I'm weird.  :P

Happy Monday!!!

1 comment:

  1. I meant to tell you the new mulch looks nice =)
    Lol, I thought that was a green glass thingy, not a coin. Is the button wooden?
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete