Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Welcome to My New Blog!!

Hi!!  Welcome to Butterscotch Farm!

Okay, so Butterscotch Farm is currently a web page and a bunch of ethereal ideas and concepts floating around in my head...but the hope is that someday it will be a real place...

...a real place, with my own house and land.

...a real place, with its own mailbox and its own yard to mow and maybe a functioning bathtub.

...a real place, with real animals - cows, horses, pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, turkeys, dogs and cats.

So far I have one dog.

That's a start, right?

And, okay, maybe I won't end up with all of those animals.  Or maybe I will!  That's one reason for this blog - it will probably end up being a sounding board as I research and plan and pray about exactly what I want Butterscotch Farm to entail.

Maybe I'll grow Christmas trees.

Maybe I'll grow an orchard.

Maybe I'll grow pick-your-own berries.

Maybe I'll raise heritage breeds of farm animals.

Maybe I'll make goat-milk soap.

It's fun to dream, anyway,..and it'll be an adventurous journey, no matter the outcome!!


2 comments:

  1. Aww - w such a great sense of balance and a dear beginning. Like making a big old pot of stone soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I'm amused that "a functioning bathtub" is part of this dream... It's almost as if we haven't had a working tub in years =P I like the layout of the blog. One little thing, though, is that it's a bit hard to read the "about me." Can you lighten the wheat picture or something?
    -Tara

    ReplyDelete