Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Life is Full of Surprises

 Apparently I own a duck now. 

I got home from work, said hi to the dogs, and went down to do my chicken and rabbit chores. All of a sudden the chickens started fluttering and squawking, and I saw movement outside, along their run. 

It was a duck, just wandering around and quacking. 

I keep a fishing net by the coop to help catch the occasional errant chicken, so I grabbed that, and after a brief chase, cornered her and captured her. 

I'm pretty sure she's a Khaki Campbell, the breed I used to have. I set her up in a dog crate with food and water, and tomorrow will stop at the neighbors' and see whether they lost a duck. If not, she's probably here to stay! 😝 

One weird thought has crossed my mind... it's been almost exactly a year since I thought I lost my final two ducks to predators. What if one actually survived and flew away... and she somehow came home again??? 😯 

We shall probably never know.

Anyway, happy Surprise Duck Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment